When Daegan was two he fell off the stairs of our front porch, hitting his tooth on the concrete. While his tooth was a little discolored, I couldn't bear for him to be toothless for five years, so the dentist kept an eye on it at his yearly check ups. Recently, x-rays revealed the necessity to remove the little booger and, to my surprise, Daegan couldn't have been more excited. (Past visits from the tooth fairy in Lilee's honor left him a little jealous I s'pose.)
In fact, Daegan loves "the tooth store" (i.e. dentist), the name he affectionately calls the brick and mortar building from which he always emerges bearing tiny gifts. Today, however, it was not the gifts that held his attention, but instead he was at once enamored with the idea of breathing in "laughing" gas. Once administered, D's procedure went "perfectly" and he has been very proud to show off his lack-of-tooth to everyone he meets. In fact, he has been such an angel during and after the extraction that I intend to ask where I can purchase the gassy bottles of happiness for future occasions of pure necessity!
As for me and how I'm coping with my baby losing his tooth in a most unnatural way, well, I'm doing just fine. It is both cute and ironic that my eldest babies have "lost" their front teeth together and while Daegan's will take about two more years to grow in, for now it is a great source of laughter for Liliputian and Mr. D and something I'm very happy they are making memories of together.
1 comment:
What an adorable photo! Children are much more resilient than their parents, huh?
Post a Comment