Sunday, January 9, 2011

Just Surpise Me...

A few weeks ago, Patrick and I gathered the kiddos around us and asked them what they would like for Christmas. Daegan jumped in with list--Dragon Ball Z Bodakai Tenkaichi, a Superboy action figure, Wolverine action figures, Transformers, and the like. Holt wanted anything Nintendo DS (Mario and "yittlewidgee" (a.k.a. Luigi) especially) and Batman, and Lilee surprised us by saying, "Oh, just surprise me."

We didn't know quite what to think, but somewhere in the recesses of my mind I thought: "Wow! She is really growing up!"

Well, about an hour passed and the boys and Patrick and I were watching a movie on the projector and I started to wonder where Lilee was. I found her (in the bathroom no less) writing a list that was two full pages long for Santa.

I asked, "What happened to 'Just surprise me'?"

Her response: "Mom, that's number 31."

The good news is, she's still my little girl for another year =)

No comments: