Holt has turned a corner and the terrible 3s are finally on their way out! This new phase in his life...I call it the "Happy Holtie" stage...is SO endearing. (Not that I didn't find his more serious, cynical stage entertaining--it certainly made my blog more interesting to read.)
So, it all happened after Spring Break. When Holt returned to school his teachers were amazed at how obedient and respectful he was. Ms. Bonnie asked Patrick what happened over break--and he of course told her we beat him (thanks, Patrick). Her eyes got all BIG and she turned and walked away... The truth is, we have no idea. One might say he just needed a little break from the rigidity of Pre-K (LOL), but I think it is something that just turns on one day and then off another. Not very scientific of me, but having had two boys who went through this year of trials and tribulations, I believe there is truth in my theory. For those who need scientific reasoning, look no further than the Bennett genes. There you have it.
Some of you may need proof that Holt has really changed (I know I did!). Here of some of the best stories from the past two weeks.
Patrick was laid off a few weeks ago which has allowed him time to pick Holt up from school in the mornings. Yesterday, when Holt saw Patrick waiting for him in the lobby at Ocee, he ran down the hall yelling "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy! My daddy's ...." This is the point where Ms. Nagle, the oober-friendly receptionist, started to say, "Oh, how sweet!" Holt stopped about ten feet from Patrick, looked at Ms. Nagle and said, "Shhhhhhhhh! I'm going to see my Daddy!" When he finally made it to Patrick, he said, "Daddy? Put me on your shoulders!" Patrick said, "No, not right now..." Holt said, "What going to happen? Your back hurt?"(This was the point that Holt would have thrown a huge fit prior to his Spring Break transformation. Patrick was so impressed he threw him up on his shoulders.
This may not seem like much, but the fact that Holt thought more about the "why" behind the "No" means that he's starting to think about other people and not just his own needs. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment