Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter was a four day celebration this year made possible by being part of the Spring Break week. We headed up to Knoxville to see Patrick's family Thursday. We spent Thursday and Friday relaxing at Patrick's parents, took some pictures (Philip's daughter Cadence is above), and the kids colored Easter eggs in between eating all kinds of sweets (ahem...Granny!). Saturday Lilee and I met Patrick's sister Bonnie at Cracker Barrel with her kiddos, Destinee and Lane. I had fun with Photoshop on the girls' photo out on the CB deck...don't worry girls, I was just kidding... In the afternoon the kids hunted Easter eggs back at the in-laws with their cousin Cadence.

After arriving home about 2AM Sunday, we decided to have a relaxed day at the house. Nana, G-Pop, GiGi, Todd, and Gavin came over for a late afternoon grill out. Patrick made yummy chicken on the grill while I spent my time baking a cake, making amazing dip for strawberries, and the sides for the chicken. Gigi and G-Pop watched the Masters in between playing with the kids. After we ate we had another Easter Egg hunt. Lilee participated by hiding the eggs for Daegan, Holt (who had to be consoled by Nana when Daegan found the last egg), and Gavin. (He's getting so big!) Even the dogs joined in on the fun and played out in the yard. It was a really nice Easter...

No comments: