Patrick and I have long been saying that we need to spend more time with each of our children on an individual basis. One of the reasons we had 3 kids instead of the 12 I wanted (Patrick only wanted one...sorry Daegan and Holt) was so that we had enough time to focus on each of them. Needless to say, to this point we've not been all that great at focusing on each of them individually.
So, this new year we made the resolution to have family day once a week (typically a Friday night movie in the Casa de Bennett) and to spend 3 weekends a month focused individually on each one of our children. I am proud to say that the first two weeks of our Diva and Dudes' Days have been smashing=-)
On February 21st, Lilee and I spent a Diva Day with one another. While photography plans were thwarted due to rain, we managed to pack the day full with lunch at Red Robin, shopping, visiting the Fuzziwigs, a local candy shoppe, and then the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. Needless to say, I felt a little guilty about shopping after seeing this movie, but Lilee was ready to continue our spending spree. (No need to worry, the day cost less than 50 bucks--which a zillion dollars in a seven year old's mind).

This past Saturday was time spent with Daegan. We got a late start as I've been a bit under the weather with a pesky sinus infection. Around 2:30 we headed out and spent the first part of our time together eating Daegan's favorite American food: pizza. We decided to go to Costco for our feast because money from a return would help fund our Diva and
Dude day. Pizza there is yummy and cheap, so it worked out perfectly. We left Costco and ventured to Avenues Forsyth where I took some pics of my little man. It was a balmy 75 degrees...a far cry from the snow and ice just six days earlier! Fuzziwigs was next on our list where Daegan bypassed all of the colorful bins of candy and opted instead for a pack of gum and a cherry slushie. We rounded out our time together with the Game Stop where he picked out a used game, Spiderman of course, for his Nintendo DS. All told, we spent about 12 bucks. Not bad! If I keep up this rate of decline in the amount of money I spend for these Diva and Dude's Days, Holt's weekend will be free!(Oh, and no need to worry about Patrick in all of this fun. He and I are alternating months honoring each of the rugrats, so I have mommy time in March with each and he will have daddy time in April.)
No comments:
Post a Comment